New Balance has a history of 100 years of enduring performance and is still running strong today. Part of what makes New Balance so unique is our commitment to making products that not only provide performance, but also superior fit and comfort. The same attention that is placed on our athletic shoes and apparel is also placed on our associates. New Balance thrives because of the passion and dedication of the people we hire. We rely on our associates to match our enthusiasm for the business and to help drive consumers to move further, faster and more frequently. We seek associates who are always on the move. Associates who push themselves forward and are motivated to move New Balance forward. Ask yourself: Are you ready to move the world?
The Knit Technical Program Engineer will lead the innovation teams through all phases of equipment set up, prototyping and product development for knit products. This person will leverage their knowledge of materials, equipment, and process to enable the execution of industry leading new products. Developing and refining solutions by working with all levels of design and development and the supply chain will be critical for success. You will also lead the validation the final product and create standards used to commercialize it.
This position will bring hands on technical experience and expertise to knit, woven, non-woven and synthetic design, development and manufacturing. You will be asked to integrate knitting expertise into strategic textiles programs across all footwear product categories. You will and create maintain all tools, guidelines and systems to ensure categories have the right information at product creation. You will be involved in the overall process of product development from acceleration through launch. You will work with external material vendors, textile providers, equipment suppliers and laboratory testing personnel to interpret test results of developmental solutions to insure that relevant materials and processes meet all required performance specifications.
- Responsible for leading the engineering of new textile, non-woven, and synthetic products and specifying technical requirements for materials utilized in product designs.
- Responsible for working with material vendors and consultants to understand their capabilities and constraints and translating this information to the design and development teams.
- Responsible for researching new software, equipment, tools and processes utilized to execute knit product designs.
- Responsible for developing written new knit product materials specifications.
- Review product requirements with design, marketing and engineers and recommend optimal materials specifications to meet product design requirements and quality goals.
- Serve as a project manager by managing timelines, costs and performance criteria.
- Develop materials test procedures as necessary to evaluate new product requirements.
- Stays abreast of new technology and competitive products by attending material and machine shows.
- Detail oriented with the ability to multi-task with many seasons and projects at once
- Ability to communicate effectively and work under tight timelines.
- Strong interpersonal effectiveness, project management and collaboration track record.
- Collaborate with innovation to ensure design and aesthetic objectives align with performance, quality, and cost objective
- BS/ MS or equivalent experience in Textile Engineering, Materials Engineering or Textile Chemistry.
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the design and engineering of knitted fabrics.
- Excellent communication skills-strong collaborator
- Domestic and International travel required Knowledge and experience on Shima Seiki knitting equipment
- Complete knowledge of Stoll Sirix, M1/M1-Plus Pattern preparation platforms and Stoll Sintral code.
- Six - eight years experience in the operation and maintenance of Stoll machines including latest generation Stoll machines.
- Certification from an accredited Stoll Training Center including:
- Programming for intarsia pattern on the SIRIX system.
- Programming M1 Plus. STOLL
- Basic programming Apex3 (Shima).
We believe our associates are meant to grow through the development of their talents and to capitalize on opportunities to share their passion for the business. New Balance rewards associates with generous, industry-leading benefit and development opportunities, which support our associates' health, wealth and overall well-being. In addition to a comprehensive medical and vacation benefit package, we offer: Development Programs, Discounted Health Club Membership, Fitness Reimbursement, Employee Discounts, Tuition Reimbursement, Corporate Gift Matching and 5 % Matching 401 K Program.
New Balance provides equal opportunity to all qualified individuals and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.